Q: Why after getting off the expressway, does my Beatle hesitate and then rockets.

This condition never happens going to the expressway when engine is still cold. Ride on expressway is about 10-15 minutes.

Hi there. Under hood temperatures can affect component operation. The hesitation and sudden acceleration (engine warm) could be, a faulty TPS (throttle position sensor) slow to provide a signal to the ECM (engine control module), a faulty MAF (mass airflow) sensor slow to calculate the incoming air to the engine. There are several more possibilities and proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid any unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s hesitation and sudden acceleration be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Why after getting off the expressway, does my Beatle hesitate and then rockets.