Q: Whole thing shakes on the highway at high speeds, how does that happen?

My 2014 GMC Sierra has just about 12,000 miles on it and whenever I am at highways speeds now, it just vibrates the whole time. This is really worrying in such a new car! When I am towing anything the shaking is even worse and that is a big part of the reason I bought this truck! What is the issue here, or is this just a lemon? I don’t want to put myself or my family in danger but I am not about to spend thousands repairing an expensive new truck!

A: This is an ongoing technical issue that GM ...

This is an ongoing technical issue that GM has not found a fix for yet. There is a lot of speculation of what is causing the vibration, but until the engineers come up with a fix, I cannot recommend a fix at this time. The vibration is from the drive train and could be internal to the transmission or in the driveline assembly. Make sure you documented that you took to the dealer and they could not fix it. When GM does come up with a fix, it should not cost you for whatever the repairs may be.