Q: Whole car died, motor and lights and electrics

I had a pretty scary problem the other day with my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The car has just about 40,000 miles on it so I was expecting normal maintenance things, maybe new wiper blades would be needed. Instead, all of the lights on the dash extinguish and the engine stalls out at 55 mph! Thank goodness I had pulled off of the highway, I could have died! How is this even possible? How can I fix this so I can feel safe in my Jeep again?

I am seeing lots of complaints of stalling in Jeep Cherokees over the past 10 years.

Your issue seems to be electrical in nature since you are not only stalling but also losing instrument cluster power. All the supply power for the cluster and other major systems, like the fuel pump and power train control module, go through the Total Integrated Power Module (TPIM).

Without verifying your problem and locating the failure, I can only speculate that your TPIM is causing the issue.

I would suggest having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, test and verify any problems with the power supply of the failing components to help determine why your car is stalling.