Q: white steam or smoke

Driving the car and notice white steam or white smoke coming from the hood of the car. I was in the line I had the heat on in the car on high while I notice the temperature gauge come on. Then I parked and let the car cool and everything I had coolant in the resvoir for coolant it said full. Then I got back in the car and turn the car back on it ran fine without me turning the air on? what could be the problem?

Hello. Most of the time when you get steam from under the hood of the car it is because there is a coolant leak or because the engine is overheating. Most of the time it is caused by a leak. I usually pressurize the cooling system to see if I can locate the leak. If no leak is found then I check to see if the cooling system is working properly because an overheating situation will also cause this. If you are looking for a certified mechanic to take a look at this, consider YourMechanic, as he could come to you to [diagnose why there is steam coming from under your hood] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/smoke-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection

3. white steam or smoke