Q: White smoke.

hello,

white smoke comes out of exhaust when I turn it on, not ever time but only if I leave the car with out using for more then 5 hours white smoke comes out, my car does not show no signs of over heating.

I have no idea what is wrong with it. please help

If you are not having any loss of coolant in the system or any excessive oil consumption, then the exhaust may emit a small amount of white smoke from the exhaust. The smoke is a small amount of moisture that settles in the exhaust pipes and muffler when the vehicle cools down. Then when you start the car the heat of the exhaust causes the water to turn into steam as white smoke. You should also notice other cars in the area doing the same thing if you are in a humid or damp climate. The white smoke should only last a few minutes to no more than five minutes. If it does not go away then you will need to have the system checked by a professional mechanic. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can perform a thorough exhaust smoke inspection at your home or office.