Q: Whining noise when car start up. No leaks. No engine light.

Can driving a car with a "messed up" power steering pump mess up the motor? It's been running fine... no leaks just a noice when you first start it. Was told it was power steering pump the bearing?

You should first check to see if the power steering is low on fluid and top it off. Keeping the fluid full will keep pump from locking up. It should not cause any harm to the motor. Have the pump checked for leaks that may get oil on other components and damage them.