Q: While shifting, truck stalled; pulse in brake pedal

I was shifting between drive and reverse while doing some farm work and my truck stalled. Now, when I turn the key to restart the truck, there's a slight pulse I can feel in the brake pedal - this happens the first time I turn the ignition - but nothing else happens. What is causing this?

Hello. It is possible that a brake booster is faulty. It is also possible that there is a leak in the brake booster hose, the intake, or one or more vacuum hoses in the engine. It is a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, scan the computer for diagnostic trouble codes, and inspect the brake booster and vacuum lines in order to pinpoint the problem.