Q: while operating the reciprocating water compressor pump, fitted with air vessel, if the discharge pipe is closed.

while operating the reciprocating water compressor pump, fitted with air vessel , pressure set valve and pressure relief valve, if the discharge pipe is closed then which parts may be affected due to rise in the pressure of the discharge pipe. what will be effect on the pressure relief valve and how it could be troubleshoot?

Hey there. The pressure relief valve should relieve the pressure when the pressure in the discharge pipe reaches the set relief pressure. You would need to have a gauge to measure the pressure in the same pipe as the relief valve and measure the pressure to see if it is reaching the set pressure set by the pressure set valve. If it exceeds the set pressure, then it will have the relief valve relieve the pressure if it gets to its set point.

3. while operating the reciprocating water compressor pump, fitted with air vessel, if the discharge pipe is closed.