Q: While idling it shuts off and throws out a code that says reduced engine power

While idling the car shuts off and I see a code that says reduced engine power.

As you may know, a general reduced engine power code is somewhat generic and could mean many different things, ranging from a faulty transmission control module to a failing throttle body sensor. You may need to have an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the code with a scanning tool to read the vehicle data and pinpoint the cause of the reduced engine power.

3. While idling it shuts off and throws out a code that says reduced engine power