Q: While fogging my 7.4L (Carb) boat engine, the plastic straw shot into the cylinder. Will it simply burn away?

I have tried several hours with a flexible grabbing tool to try retrieving it though the plug hole. I did verify its presence with a cheap bore-scope. Would removing the exhaust manifold allow me access into the cylinder? It is the forward left cylinder.

A: Hello and thanks for your question. Remove...

Hello and thanks for your question. Remove the exhaust manifold to the side that has the straw. Turn the engine over by hand to open the exhaust valve. Use your flexible grabbing tool to reach in the cylinder and take out the straw. If for some reason you cannot get the straw out, put an air hose with a nozzle into the spark plug hole and blow the air. This will make the straw come out of the exhaust port. If you need assistance in getting the straw out of the cylinder contact a professional, preferably a Your Mechanic professional to help you.