Q: While driving my engine light comes on and my car will become sluggish almost to a point of stopping. What might cause this.

While driving the engine light will come on and the car will become sluggish and almost seems as if it will cut off. A new ignition coil has been placed in the car due to the diagnostics test provided by dealership. That is not the problem. What other potential causes for this.

Hello there:

With only 13,000 miles on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata, it’s very difficult to tell you what might be causing this issue. Typically, these symptoms are closer to a vehicle with more than 100,000 miles and caused by mass air flow sensors, O2 sensors or throttle body and fuel injectors being clogged with excessive carbon build up or deposits that simply need to be serviced and cleaned. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection so they can attempt to pinpoint the source of the issues you’re experiencing.

3. While driving my engine light comes on and my car will become sluggish almost to a point of stopping. What might cause this.