Q: Which type of booster seat should I use?

Which type of booster seat should I use?

A: There are two primary styles of booster sea...

There are two primary styles of booster seat on the market, although you’ll find plenty of different manufacturers. The two types are backless and high-backed. The type of seat you need for your child depends on a couple of different things. Here’s a quick rundown:

• Use a backless booster seat if your child’s head is even with the headrest.

• Use a high-backed booster seat if your child’s head sits higher than the headrest, or if there are no headrests installed.

Tips

• The most important thing here is to ensure that your child has the right head support and protection during an impact (it’s not about comfort, really).

• Always make sure your child is using the shoulder belt and that it is positioned correctly.