Q: Which type of booster seat should I use?

Which type of booster seat should I use?

There are two primary styles of booster seat on the market, although you’ll find plenty of different manufacturers. The two types are backless and high-backed. The type of seat you need for your child depends on a couple of different things. Here’s a quick rundown:

• Use a backless booster seat if your child’s head is even with the headrest.

• Use a high-backed booster seat if your child’s head sits higher than the headrest, or if there are no headrests installed.

Tips

• The most important thing here is to ensure that your child has the right head support and protection during an impact (it’s not about comfort, really).

• Always make sure your child is using the shoulder belt and that it is positioned correctly.