Q: Which radio will work in my vehicle?

I have no sound coming from my speakers. I took my vehicle to my local Mercedes dealership and was told that the radio unit needs to be replaced. My question is if I am to get a used radio unit, will it need to be coded to work with my vehicle and satellite radio? Or will it work without coding? Also how do I know if my vehicle has COMAND or not? Thanks in advance.

If you have a control knob on the console, you most likely have command. The most accurate way to determine if you have command is to call the dealership and give them your VIN. They can decode the vin and tell you what options your vehicle has. They will also be able to tell you if a new radio and NAV unit will need to be programmed for use in your particular vehicle. If you want other options, besides the factory unit, Crutchfield sells radios and installation kits for your vehicle. A local car audio shop can also provide you with different radio options and can install any radio you purchase. If you’d like a second opinion from a certified mechanic in person, consider YourMechanic, to diagnose the issue with your radio and suggest the best fix from there.

3. Which radio will work in my vehicle?