Q: Which O2 sensor has to do with the gas for a 2010 ford flex

How do I know which O2 sensor has to do with the gas because it is wasting a lot of gas

Hi there. Honestly, both oxygen sensors needs to work together in order to efficiently burn gasoline in today’s modern engines. The sensors job is to monitor exhaust gases directly out of the combustion chamber (upstream) and after going through the exhaust system (downstream). By working together, they adjust fuel and air mixture to ensure efficient operation of the vehicle. By having a professional mechanic complete a gas is getting worse mileage inspection, you’ll be able to get an idea as to which one is causing these issues - or if it’s due to something entirely different.