Q: Where should children sit?

Where should children sit?

A: Children are at an increased risk of injury...

Children are at an increased risk of injury in any auto accident simply due to their small size and low weight. Children should:

• Always be seated in the back

• Use the seat belt correctly

• Use a booster seat if necessary (consult your state’s laws concerning booster seat use)

• Use a car seat if necessary (consult your state’s laws concerning car seat use)

• Infants should only be seated in a rear-facing car seat in the back seat of the car, never in the front.

The passenger front air bag can be a threat to children in an accident. Never put children in the front seat.