Q: Where is the location of the fixed chain guide on a 2.2 Ecotec?

location of fixed guide

The location of the fixed timing chain guides are inside the front timing cover on the right side of the crankshaft and is about 12 inches long. The second fixed chain guide is under the valve cover and goes between the two timing chain sprockets. The other chain guide is the adjustable one that has the tensioner pushing on it.

In order to replace the timing chain you need to remove all the tensioners first. If you need assistance with this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location and service your timing chain. Best of luck.