Q: where is the engine timing solenoid located

where is the engine timing solenoid located on the engine

The VVT solenoid is in the front right of the cylinder head inline with the intake camshaft.

Q: Speed sensor p01443 code

Hello. The speed sensor is located on the left rear of the transmission. It should be accessible from the bottom of the transmission. The catalytic converters should not have to be moved in order to get to the sensor. Most...

Q: Engine knocking is making me concerned

If the noise is coming from your engine or transmission, it should be diagnosed as soon as possible and you should limit driving until you have it checked. You could contact YourMechanic to come to you and give a thorough...

Q: Mechanics replaced water pump but did not replace the thermostat. Engine overheated and blew the head gasket? 2010 Jeep Compass

Hello - this is a judgement call. It is common practice, but not a "standard", to replace the thermostat when replacing the water pump. This is mainly due to access to both easily when replacing either one, and the relatively...