Q: where is the engine timing solenoid located

where is the engine timing solenoid located on the engine

A: The VVT solenoid is in the front right of t...

The VVT solenoid is in the front right of the cylinder head inline with the intake camshaft.

Q: P2006 code - intake runner stuck closed

When you got a 1.6 volt reading from the test you did, this is not a normal test done for this code. Only a proper pinpoint done by a manufacturer approved test procedure would be able to diagnose the system...

Q: Whining sound accelerating

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2007 Volvo V50. On vehicles similar to yours, a whining or whistling noise coming from the engine can be the result of a malfunction in the positive crankcase ventilation system. When the...

Q: Blower moter works intermittently, sometimes it blows air tand sometimes I get nothing, motor or resistor?

Sometimes the blower will not turn due to an open circuit in the blower motor brushes. When you are experiencing the problem where the motor does not come on then just lightly tap on the blower motor in the left...