Q: where is the engine timing solenoid located

where is the engine timing solenoid located on the engine

A: The VVT solenoid is in the front right of t...

The VVT solenoid is in the front right of the cylinder head inline with the intake camshaft.

Q: Truck ran out of gas and will not start.

Hello and thanks for the question. That is a lot of good information you have shared, and its always a good idea to pass along any information that may help the mechanic. However, I would recommend having a mechanic, such...

Q: Squealing noise during acceleration

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 1981 Chevrolet El Camino. A few common faults could cause this type of squealing. The most likely would be a fan clutch, V-belt, alternator, or a water pump. Your best bet in...

Q: I have a new battery, and my car starts with a jumper cable, but it won't restart after driving and shutting the engine off.

This suggests you may have a bad grounding issue or potentially a faulty alternator. As you may know, the alternator is what charges your car's battery when the car is running. When this is not working properly, your battery will...