Q: Where do I find the vehicle identification number?

Where do I find the vehicle identification number?

Your car has an identification number, call the vehicle identification number, or VIN. This number is used for a very wide range of purposes, from insurance to transferring the title and a great deal more. You’ll need to know where to find it for these situations. You can find the VIN in the following locations:

• Stamped on a metal placard on the dash in front of the driver position (it’s very close to the windshield)

• On some models, it’s stamped on a placard under the front of the passenger seat.

• The VIN is listed on the driver side door placard, along with other important information, including tire pressure, tire size, vehicle towing capabilities and more.