Q: Where do I connect a pair of DRLs so that they work the way they should?

i have installed drl on my front bumper. when working on wires, where do i tap the wires so that the drl's are on when they need to be?

A: If your fuse box has a spare position that ...

If your fuse box has a spare position that is powered in the ignition "Run" position, this would be a good place to tap into a power source, and can be fused appropriately based on the current (amps) your new DRLs require. If this is not possible, an alternative would be to install an accessory relay to power the DRLs, triggered by a tap off the "Run" position on the ignition switch (i.e. ignition or fuel injection power path). The power side of the relay (for the DRLs) would come from the battery, and should have an in-line fuse sized to protect the power wire to the relay (and beyond). Do NOT power the new lights on an existing circuit - it may not have adequate capacity to support the new lights. The relay solution avoids this by only using "Run" current to trigger the relay.