Q: When would one expect to need to replace a drive belt and tensioner?

I dropped off my Ridgeline for normal 3,000 mi oil change and maintenance and just received a call from the auto repair shop telling me that the drive belt and tensioner is dry and cracking and they suggested replacing the these parts. Does this sound reasonable given the mileage and year? Of course it's not going to be cheap to replace. Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Around the three...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Around the three year 60,000 mile mark is where I would think the belt would need to be replaced. You are on for the years but well over the miles. If you would like help with this replacement or inspection, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.