Q: When vehicle is in the prosses of shifting there is a vibration. But it runs fine after shifting. What could that be?

Only while the truck is in process of shifting gears, there is a serious vibration. But before and after shifting it runs fine. And The more gas I give while it shifts gears The higher The vibration is. Also it's only when shifting up not down gears. The only other symptom it has is while starting the vehicle it has a screechy Grindy sound at the end of starting. Similar to if you turn the key for too long, but for the proper amount of time. What could this be? I was thinking flex plate but not sure.

Hello, thanks for writing in. From what you describe it would appear that there is more than one issue. Vibrations during shifting can be caused by several things. The first thing I would do is check that the transmission fluid is topped off and that the fluid is clean. Once the fluid is verified I would then carefully examine the transmission and engine mounts to see if they may be worn out. Worn mounts can cause vibration, as well as knocking sounds if they are worn enough. The grinding sound that you are experiencing during starting may be due to a worn flexplate or starter. When the starter is engaged a gear is extended, which contacts teeth on the flexplate, to turn the engine. If either the starter or flexplate teeth wear out, they can produce a grinding sound, which may eventually progress into a more serious issue. I would recommend checking the starter gear for any signs of wear or damage. If you would still like help, consider having one of our expert automotive technicians come to your home or office to look at and diagnose this vibration issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.

3. When vehicle is in the prosses of shifting there is a vibration. But it runs fine after shifting. What could that be?