Q: When to clean the ac system?

How to prolong the ac system? Frequency of cleaning?

A: In order to maintain the car air conditioni...

In order to maintain the car air conditioning system it may be helpful to run the system for a few minutes at least once a week – no matter how hot the temperature may be. This ensures that the many hoses, valves and pumps throughout the system are kept well lubricated. Whenever you have the car serviced, make sure you ask the mechanic to check the refrigerant level and to add additional refrigerant to the system if necessary.

It is good practice to get a full air conditioning service at least once a year. Try and do this before the hotter months start, as this will ensure that you are not caught out by a sudden heat wave at the start of the season. Some basic things to check are the following during this service:

Air vent temperature check Reclaiming, recycling or replacement of operating gas Replacement or check of receiver drier / filter Adjustment of drive belts and pulleys Check operation of valves and thermostats Leak test of system lines and components Inspection of hoses and components Cleaning condenser fins Deodorize and sanitize system

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to perform an air conditioning service on your car at your earliest convenience.

Recommended services
Get a Quote