Q: When to change spark plug wires on a 2000 Sebring

Original owner of a 2000 Sebring convertible with only 74,000 miles. No engine problems; consistant miles per gallon. Should spark plug wires be changed based on age only?

A: Yes, it is very old. Change the spark plugs...

Yes, it is very old. Change the spark plugs and spark plug wires now. They are made of rubber and eventually they corrode, and their electrical systems change and then don’t work right. So yes, you will want to change them by age. That’s how most electronic stuff works. They are 16 years old, so it’s definitely time to replace your spark plugs.