Q: When the car heats up the brakes squeak. When the car cools down they're fine, but when it heats up they start squeaking again.

I recently replaced the rotors and the brakes are at 90%. When the car heats up the breaks start squeaking. After the car cools off the brakes are fine, but when the car heats back up again the breaks start squeaking again. Can you tell me what the problem might be?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Pads and rotors ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Pads and rotors can become "glazed" if overheated. If this happens, the bonding material in the brake pads can rise up out of the pads and transfer to the rotors, causing a bluish discoloration to the rotors and cause a squeak. Removing the pads, sanding the surface of them and the rotors may help. If not, a light resurfacing of the rotors and using some brake lube on the backs of the pads should help. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your brake system for you, and make or suggest any repairs or cleaning as needed.