Q: No power when pressing gas pedal

When accelerating from a red light,stop sign. trying to enter highway no power when applying pressure to gas pedal. i have to ease off and car will run ok. same thing when trying to go up hill if i am behind other cars, no power to go up hill. However, if there are no cars i can get up to 45 mph and go up hill at 50-60 mph.

Hi There, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.