Q: When should I check different systems for needed maintenance?

When should I check different systems for needed maintenance?

It’s simplest to follow your mechanic’s specific schedule for service. However, it’s also important that you keep an eye on various systems and components. Regular service can help catch problems before they become huge issues, but you shouldn’t ignore regular checks on your own. Here’s what Honda suggests you check and when:

• Oil: Check the level and condition of your oil every time you get gas.

• Engine Coolant: Check the level of your coolant at each fill-up.

• Transmission: Automatic transmission fluid should be checked once a month.

• Brake Fluid: Check the level of brake fluid in the reservoir once a month.

• Tire Pressure and Condition: Check the air in your tires and their condition once per month at a minimum.

• Lights: Check that all your car’s lights are operating once per month.