Q: When replacing a wheel hub on an acura , do I have to replace the wheel bearing to? 1997 Acura RL

I had replaced the wheel hub & bearing 3 months ago and now 3 of my studs broke off. DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE BEARING WHEN REPLACING THE WHEEL HUB.OR CAN I USE THE ONE THAT'S ALREADY ON MY CAR?

A: Hello - perhaps the question should be &quo...

Hello - perhaps the question should be "Do I have to replace the wheel hub/bearings if one or more studs are broken off?". And, the answer is "No, simply replaced the broken studs." That is - unless the hub or wheel bearings were damaged by whatever incident broke the studs. If it is necessary to replace the hub, you are better off buying a hub/bearing assembly - even if you have a choice (for most new cars, you don’t). Replacing a bearing within a hub requires heavy duty press tools to press the old bearing out and the new bearing in. you need experience, comfort level and specialized tools for this. I would recommend having a wheel hub/bearing assembly replacement done by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.