Q: When replacing a wheel hub on an acura , do I have to replace the wheel bearing to? 1997 Acura RL

I had replaced the wheel hub & bearing 3 months ago and now 3 of my studs broke off. DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE BEARING WHEN REPLACING THE WHEEL HUB.OR CAN I USE THE ONE THAT'S ALREADY ON MY CAR?

Hello - perhaps the question should be "Do I have to replace the wheel hub/bearings if one or more studs are broken off?". And, the answer is "No, simply replaced the broken studs." That is - unless the hub or wheel bearings were damaged by whatever incident broke the studs. If it is necessary to replace the hub, you are better off buying a hub/bearing assembly - even if you have a choice (for most new cars, you don’t). Replacing a bearing within a hub requires heavy duty press tools to press the old bearing out and the new bearing in. you need experience, comfort level and specialized tools for this. I would recommend having a wheel hub/bearing assembly replacement done by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. When replacing a wheel hub on an acura , do I have to replace the wheel bearing to? 1997 Acura RL