Q: when my car starts it runs fine but when I put it in drive and get to around 30mph it shuts off

I recently had my spark plugs and wires replaced on my car afterwards it ran fine but it started too run funny not much longer. I first noticed the issue when I replaced my brake pads and I took it for a test drive around the block. My car was running smoothly until I turned uphill. I got about halfway up the hill and noticed the car decelerating when I tried to accelerate the car just shut off. I put the car in park and switched the key to off. I started the car again and turned it around to go downhill, it was rolling fine so I tried to give it a little gas and the car shut off again. I put it in park again shut it all the way off and started it and coasted home without hitting the gas. It has no problem starting but every time I try to accelerate the car shuts off.

A partial list of potential causes of the loss of engine power that you are describing would include faults in oxygen sensors, the fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, and so forth. Whatever the cause, if you request an engine loss of power diagnostic, the certified mechanic will pinpoint the cause and get your car operational. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. when my car starts it runs fine but when I put it in drive and get to around 30mph it shuts off