Q: When my car starts for the first time when it's cold it shakes as I put the car into gear but not in park. What could be the problem.

when my car has been sitting overnight and starts up cold, it starts fine but when in gear it starts to shake and jerk and it doesnt respond but when it has warmed up it runs pretty well. what do you think it could be.

Hi there. The shaking is most likely the engine mounts are not holding up and are either loose or damaged. A loose or damaged engine mount will make the engine rock while it is running and when loaded the engine will rock even more causing a shaking feeling in the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your shaking issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When my car starts for the first time when it's cold it shakes as I put the car into gear but not in park. What could be the problem.