Q: When my AC is on and while stopping it rattles and shakes

When my car is stopping and AC is on, it rattles and shakes. At first I thought it was a motor mount and got one of motor mounts replaced. But now it seems if it is getting worse than better

Hi there.

In many cases a faulty air conditioning compressor will cause excessive drain to be put on the engine and cause the symptoms you’re describing. The best way to diagnose this is to complete a pressure check of the AC system. If you have the right equipment, complete this test sooner rather than later; as it can create additional damage to the engine if not repaired. If not, contact a local mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose your A/C system and replace your A/C compressor if necessary.

3. When my AC is on and while stopping it rattles and shakes