Q: When I turn my signal lights on the hazard lights come on instead

When I turn on my signal lights the hazard lights come on inside and outside my car.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a couple of potential problems such as a faulty turn signal indicator switch or potentially a faulty turn signal flasher. The flasher unit is an electrical unit that is usually located under the hood and is wired with the turn signal lights. This flasher sends short intermittent bursts of power to the turn signals by interrupting and completing an electrical circuit intermittently to create the flashing you are accustomed to seeing when the turn signal light is activated. When this flasher becomes faulty, you may notice the turn signal lights remaining solid or in some cases flashing very rapidly. In either case this usually indicates the flasher has failed. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace.

3. When I turn my signal lights on the hazard lights come on instead