Q: When I turn my car on it barely runs for a few seconds then the engine turns off.

I tryed turning my vehicle on. (Cold start) it turned on as it should then the engine died not even 3 seconds after I turned the vehicle on. The engine turned over but didn't want to stay on. I waited a few minutes and tryed again but nothing different happened. I tryed giving it gas but the rpm's didn't even move. I didn't feel or smell anything unusual. Please help 2004 Infiniti g35 v6 Automatic 204,000 miles

Check for diagnostic trouble codes. If no codes have been stored, you can consider the typical causes for immediate stalling which are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. When I turn my car on it barely runs for a few seconds then the engine turns off.