Q: When I turn my AC on the truck tries to cut off

When I turn my AC on the truck tries to cut off My car has a manual transmission.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend havi...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend having the idle control valve and throttle plates cleaned to make sure the idle is able to increase when the air conditioner turns on. If the AC compressor is locked up and stalls the motor then it may need to be replaced along with the accumulator. Flushing the AC system may also help. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to clean and inspect this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

Recommended services
Get a Quote