Q: when I turn makes loud sqeeking noise

When I start out driving and turn my car to the left it makes a sqeeking noise. Driving straight does not seem to bother it.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. This symptom ...

Hello, thanks for writing in. This symptom might be an indication that you have worn brake pads. There are audible sensors on the brake pads that create a high pitch sound to alert you of a brake pad wear condition. When you turn left the brake caliper has a float movement and the wear indicator contacts the brake rotor to create the sound. There could be other reasons for the noise. This would require an inspection. If you’d like, a YourMechanic certified technician can come to your home or place of business to perform a squealing noise inspection on your vehicle and diagnose this issue.