Q: When I try to turn on my car it seems to force itself before actually turning on. I turn the key and it seems like it’s going to g

I put the key in and twist for the car to turn on. I keep the key there until the car turns on. However, the car seems to force itself to turn on completely. I almost think it’s going to just give up but, it ends up turning on. I have no problem while I’m driving it. Everything seems to work fine and it turns off fine. The only thing that worries me is when I turn it on. I did not drive the car for about a week. So, it was parked during that time. When I came back to turn it on it did not. I had someone help me turn it on by connecting their battery to mine. Ever since, I have had this issue.

Hi Zeltzin. Thanks for sending in your question. It appears as if there are a few different issues going on with your Acura. If the engine is hard to start, meaning you turn the key and it cranks for a while until it actually starts, this is likely a fuel delivery issue, caused by clogged fuel injectors, dirty throttle body, fuel filter or mass air flow sensor. If you had to have somebody "jump start" you, then the battery is likely low on cranking amps and should be replaced. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can determine what repairs are best.

3. When I try to turn on my car it seems to force itself before actually turning on. I turn the key and it seems like it’s going to g