Q: When I step on the gas my beetle turns off.

When I drive my beetle arounaround it stops working randomly. When I step on the gas it doesn't go it just turns off. But if I turn it on it turns I'm on its only when I step on the gas

The problem sounds like you may have more than one problem. You need to see if the carburetor accelerator pump is working by checking the carburetor with engine off and operating the accelerator to see if it squirts fuel. If it does not squirt any fuel, then overhaul the carburetor and replace the fuel filter.

The stopping of the engine intermittently may be the ignition system having a problem. Inspect and replace any parts that show signs of wear or damage like bare wires or points. Also, look out for condenser or coil problems from a low spark output.

If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a professional technician can come to the cars location and diagnose your stalling issue.

3. When I step on the gas my beetle turns off.