Q: Car rpms were very high before it shifted gears. Every time I stop it happens again 2006 Chevy Cobalt

My car has never had a problem like this it just the motor when revving up and then it jerks into gear everytime I stop it doesn't same thing what could this possibly be

Hello - there are two possible causes of the "high RPM before shifting" behavior you are experiencing. The engines throttle position sensor, which communicates "power request" to the transmission as well as to the engine, may be worn out and malfunctioning. Also - the transmissions internal speed sensor - not related to your speedometer - may not be calculating engine speed in each gear, causing slow up-shifts. I would recommend an inspection of these systems by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car rpms were very high before it shifted gears. Every time I stop it happens again 2006 Chevy Cobalt