Q: When I start the car up I hear a hummimg sound. Even when I press the gas pedal I can hear it. What could this humming sound be?

Had my accelerator pedal changed a few months ago. Since then I've been hearing a humming sound when I start the car up and press the gas pedal.. Took it back to mechanic he said it was my power steering and he changed the pump I think . The noise was not as loud as it was,but very faint. After a while the humming came back. I got my money back from that mechanic because it seems as though he was trying to guess at what it was.

Hi there:

In many instances, a humming noise will be caused by a loose serpentine or drive belt, the power steering pump (which the other mechanic determined wasn’t so) or even a vacuum leak perhaps within the EVAP or EGR emissions system. However, since all of these would be guesses, it’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection first, so they can eliminate the guess work and determine where the noise is coming for; and the right repairs can be made.

3. When I start the car up I hear a hummimg sound. Even when I press the gas pedal I can hear it. What could this humming sound be?