Q: when I start my car it starts up but won't stay on what is the problem

I start my car and the only way it's stays running is if I keep my foot on the gas,once I let go it turns off

The problem sounds like you either have a massive vacuum leak or a problem with the idle air control valve. These engines had issues with vacuum leaks at the throttle body and intake gaskets. Have someone check for vacuum leaks while you keep it running. You may find the problem this way. Scan to see if you have any codes in the computer that will help. After you retrieve any codes and if there are mass air codes then try and disconnect the sensor and see if it runs or stays running. I have seen these sensors not give codes and cause these type of problems. If it runs now, then replace the mass air sensor and clear codes. If you still need help then get in touch with a certified mechanic to diagnose the stalling problem for you.

3. when I start my car it starts up but won't stay on what is the problem