Q: Gear indicator

When i start my car i have to line the gear up in reverse and neutral the car runs fine and engine still sounds gd but the gears Out of place

3. Gear indicator

Q: P1811 code. Is this a major code?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This code occurs when the PCM sees that the transmission takes longer to shift than the given parameters. The PCM uses several parameters, like load and speed, to tell the transmission when it should shift....

Q: Q: my car is leaking oil

If the engine is newly leaking engine oil since the head gasket repair, and the leak is from that gasket, the shop should repair that under warranty. If the leaks are elsewhere, a certified Mechanic from YourMechanic can be dispatched...

Q: My car cranks but won't start. I can hear it trying to start and then there is a single thump noise.

There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), worn spark plugs, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (e.g., clogged fuel filter), dirty fuel injectors, contaminated or old gasoline, malfunctioning idle air...