Q: When I start it up there is a screeching noise

When I start it up there is a screeching noise like nails on a chalkboard. It subsides but reoccurs while you drive. Once it is fully warmed up the noise goes away.

Most commonly, something in the belt drive system will cause this screeching sound. The belt itself may be old. With age, the rubber gets dry, hard, and can form a bit of glazing on the belt surface. That glazing can make the belt slip a bit and cause the noise. Also, a weak belt tensioner can allow a little looseness to the belt which can cause the noise as well. The spring portion of the belt tensioner weakens over time allowing the belt to get a little loose. Have a certified technician inspect the belt system to isolate the exact cause as a damaged pulley on the alternator, power steering, a/c or water pump can also be the cause.