Q: when i release my brake pedal, i get a fairly loud squeak

it is only when I release the brake pedal

Hi there:

The issue you’re describing is sometimes caused by excess brake dust that causes the brake pads to stick slightly once applied. When you release the brake pedal, the pads are released by sometimes the dust will create a squeaking noise. However, in some instances this noise is an indicator of brake pads that are starting to wear out or issues with the ABS system as well. If you spray out your wheels at a car wash and if this issue continues, to be certain, you might want to have a local professional mechanic complete a brakes are squeaking inspection.

3. when i release my brake pedal, i get a fairly loud squeak