Q: When I put it in drive it wont go but when I reverse it will. The transmission oil is brown. What might be wrong?

Something is wrong with the transmission

If your transmission fluid has a brownish color and a slightly burnt smell to it, this may suggest it is time for it to be changed. It could be just that the fluid is very old and no longer protecting the transmission’s internal components properly, or there are worn components causing excess friction and heat. This may also suggest that the transmission control solenoid may be failing. Automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. When I put it in drive it wont go but when I reverse it will. The transmission oil is brown. What might be wrong?