Q: When I'm driving and the road curves. To the left, there is a rubbing sound. I suspect a wheel bearing or drive axle.

See above info

A: Noise from the front may be from play in a ...

Noise from the front may be from play in a wheel bearing and can be checked by jacking up the wheel to see if it moves when you try to move using top and bottom of the tire. It could be a bad bearing in the hub. If the vehicle has 4-wheel drive, then an axle may have bad joint. Since there are several potential causes for this, your best bet would likely be to have the noise inspected before spending money on repairs.