Q: When I go to start my truck it has an extended start up, almost like it's wanting to stay in the "on" position.

When I put my key in the ignition to start my truck, it's almost like it wants to stay in the "on" position when I turn it over.

Most modern vehicles start almost instantly. If the car is either not starting right away, or you suspect the starter motor is experiencing delayed disengagement from the ring gear on the flex plate (or flywheel on a manual transmission vehicle), you should have that checked out. Continued engagement of the starter pinion gear with the flywheel can damage both the ring gear and the starter. If you request a no/hard starting engine diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will diagnosis this and implement any necessary repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. When I go to start my truck it has an extended start up, almost like it's wanting to stay in the "on" position.