Q: When I go 60 or 70, my truck shakes

I have replaced the ball joints and tire rods, my truck still shakes. The U-jack on my truck shakes, the tire left to right moves a lot on both sides. I'm going to get the pitman arm changed someone else told me it could be bearings. They said something about a steering box.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If you lift the ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If you lift the tire off the ground and can move the tire side to side and top and bottom in and out, then the wheel bearings are bad or loose. If you can only move tire side to side, then have someone follow the steering linkage back to the steering gear box to see what is worn and moving excessively. You may have a bad pitman arm or gear box. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this shaking issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.