Q: When I am stopped at a light but in drive I sometimes hear a rattling sound. If I shift into neutral the sound disappears

When I am stopped at a light with the car in drive there is a loud rattling sound and vibration I shift into neutral the sound immediately goes away

Hi there. Noise and vibration at a stop, in drive, could be the result of a faulty/sagging engine or transmission mount. It may be, a serpentine belt tensioner and/or serpentine belt vibrating. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s rattle and vibration be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. When I am stopped at a light but in drive I sometimes hear a rattling sound. If I shift into neutral the sound disappears