Q: When I am reversing then try to put it into drive my car shuts off and the steering wheel locks.

I have a 2004 chev epica, 245xxx KM (I am in Canada) whenever I reverse and go to put into drive the steering wheel locks up and it shuts off so I have to put it into park, turn the key off and re start my vehicle..

Hello in Canada! In most cases, when you have a problem as you’ve described, it’s caused by a reverse lockout or safety switch failure. This is located under the shifter console and can wear out overtime. It’s also possible that a shift solenoid or even the brake switch under the brake pedal might be damaged. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an inspection to determine why this is occurring.

3. When I am reversing then try to put it into drive my car shuts off and the steering wheel locks.