Q: Q: Transmission does not shift properly

Sounds almost like a hydraulic pump erring to engage. Mostly going from reverse to drive e bit has happened in gear with brake on. Putting vehicle into neutral seems to make it stop. Only had it days, so if it is major I need to move fast.

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Q: Transmission does not shift properly