Q: When entering busy interstate traffic, EcoBoost motor failed

When I tried to accelerate using the EcoBoost motor, it failed. This was after I had stopped to fill up my tank at a rest stop. I was pulling out on the acceleration ramp into heavy traffic, so I needed the EcoBoost power. When I accessed it, the engine started shuttering and the warning light for the ‘service engine’ started continually flashing. The motor lost power, so to the side of the road it limped. The traffic was very heavy and many semi-trucks also. There just wasn't a way I could get into the lane. If this helps to know, before stopping for gasoline it had been raining for around 90 minutes. I called my dealership and was told that they had been getting a lot of reports like this. Before I take it in for repairs/replacements, I would like your diagnosis of why the EcoBoost motor failed to function.

3. When entering busy interstate traffic, EcoBoost motor failed